Sunday, March 4, 2012

The 2nd Sunday of Lent (CUARESMA)


My new room, the "salon" and the kitchen of my new home. Lower right: the kitchen of my old house. I do prefer a few luxuries!





March 4,2012

This morning as I sat at Don Diego's sipping exceptionally good coffee, and nibbling on huge chunks of fresh pineapple, I was totally happy with life. Yesterday I moved to the residence of Jose, Esperanza, and Roberto d'Avril. I have a pretty room and I live WITH the family rather than segregated up on the roof. Luis Bedoya, my faithful Godson, came from Guatemala City  for a few hours to help me.

The single "drawback" of this home is that it is located across the street from a gigantic soccer stadium. I was awakened this morning by the roar of a crowd of thousands cheering. I figure it is like living in the parking lot of Wriggly Field. I got up and hit the shower! Maybe next weekend I'll just go to the game.

News from Casa Jackson:


Luis can walk! Currently he requires the assistance of a volunteer, but at 27 lb, helping him is easy. He barely fits under my chin, so he must be well over 4 ft tall. He loves to recline on the mattress in the play area  and laugh at the antics of the toddlers. When I met him, I expected him to die or be wheelchair bound for life. At CJ, I receive far more than I give!












Two members of the CJ family got to go home on Saturday. Julio Caesar on the left and Marlon with his mama at right We wish them long and healthy futures.
We also have two NEW babies, keeping our count at 14. We welcome Brenda and Angelica. At the moment, I don't know either baby's story, but together they weigh less than 6 pounds.


The baby on the right is Angelica.. and I think the baby with my hand is Brenda... but it might be Andrea! These are really tiny little people!



Here is a volunteer (me) with Julio Rafael and a super picture of Guadalupe!

Blanci was sick on Friday with a high fever and vomiting and needed an IV. She was just furious! We isolated her in a room with her twin Axel. Angelica was also in isolation because she was new (with us less than 24 hours.) News note: we only have FOUR sleeping rooms. That night, we had 6 cribs and a warmer in ONE room. In the AM, Caesar and Marlon went home, and things normalized,

My Spanish classes are finished for now. I need to practico, practico, practico. This week I observe and assist the 2nd and 3rd grade classes where I will start teaching English the following week. I continue to go to CJ for late afternoon and supper. I am excited, scared, and happy. Love to all in Blogland !
XOXOX Noanie-Mom


2 comments:

robin said...

Your new arrangements seem a lot more homey. Glad u got to move
Guadalupe stole my heart. How precious!!

Georgette said...

I'm so glad that your living quarters have improved, except for the noise. How wonderful that some of the kids are able to go home. They sure keep you busy there.
God Bless,
Georgette