Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's a Good Life


Today I have the pleasure of announcing to the entire blogging community, the engagement of my daughter Nicole, to my future son-in-law, Nicholas. We already know and love this young man as the Nick and Nicole relationship has been going for 6 or 7 years. Nicholas grew up in Thief River Falls, MN (hockey country) and is now finishing dental school at U of Minnesota. I expect them to be married in Sioux Falls where Nicole is currently working as a genetics counselor.

Our family already knows and loves Nick's parents (Glenda and Rick,) sister Brook, and his grandparents, so this will be an easy melding of families. I will post more pix another time but for today, only the happy couple gets to be in the announcement.

This gives me a great opportunity to look at bridal gowns, and think of making things like a lacy garter, a ring pillow, or maybe a pretty white knitted shawl. What fun! I am walking around with a giant goofy smile.

Welcome Nicholas. I was so hoping you'd be the one. Have a long and happy life together.
XOXOXOXO Noanie-Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both Nickis. Glad you like this fellow and his family. Hope I can post a blog like this of my daughters someday.
Georgette