Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th

It was a great 4th of July... warm and dry.. lots of people and fun.. and of course very beautiful (noisy) fireworks. Had a good lunch with Megan and finished lots of loose ends on projects. Today, I got adjusted at the chiropractor and took Andre to get his 5 year picture taken. Here is a picture of a small sweater I made with Rowan's Bamboo "soft." It is a simple, top down knit, perfect for cool summer evenings.  I think the shorter sleeves make it sort of "bouncy."
Also got some work done in the sunroom. It is ready for use now.. needing only a small desk and chair to do some writing. Eric is planning to lay some pavers for a little patio this coming weekend-- so I will have a place to grill or work on a tan !
I haven't decided if the sunroom should have shades...   The big windows do provide lots of fresh air. I suppose some sort of transparent shades might let in sun without all the heat. So as summer is passing quickly .. and in somewhat lazy fashion, I am getting excited for our fall event.. Nick and Nicole's wedding. The bride is really very calm...... her mother is NOT. I know she will be beautiful and I want the day to be perfect for her. It will be fun for me to have all the kids together.. and our extended families too. I am sure you will hear lots more.
HAPPY JULY
Noanie

No comments: