Friday, August 13, 2010

The Dog Days of Summer

It has been a really long time since I've written a new post. Since I really haven't spent much time knitting, this message will be mostly "news"
Marty,Sally and Lucas visited at the end of July. It was Lucas' first trip to North Dakota.. and I think he likes it a lot. He is very smart and a bit of a ham. He likes to explore and often voices his opinion on a variety of things. He had Grandma figured out in about a minute. She gives kisses, food, hugs and toys. She claps when I do funny things, and picks me up if I cry. Grandma can't wait to see them all again!

There was a wedding shower for Nicole on Aug 31st in Minnetonka, MN arranged by Sally, and Nicole's special friend, Megan. It was a warm, beautiful day and we were at a resort on the lake in a screened in porch area. Here is a picture with two of her Arnason cousins, Jackie and Ann. We sure have pretty girls!


In July, Nicole and Nicholas had water problems at their new house in Sioux Falls, SD. It was a big mess, and I felt bad for them. WELL, on August 2nd, we had a quick but violent storm in Bismarck, and I  too had water throughout my basement. Nicole messaged her advice: Call the insurance company and a restoration company, and do it right NOW. So this is a picture of MY poor basement. The drama is not over either. The restoration guys had dehumififiers, and dryers down here for almost two weeks, and tonight I found WATER under the stairs. I had boxes of halloween costumes, stuffed toys, school pictures, old papers etc etc that were totally soaked. At least N and N did NOT have 50 years of accumulated "stuff." I guess this is God and nature's way of telling me this stuff needs to go. I am keeping the garbage guys busy.

I hope your summer has beeen a bit calmer, maybe time on vacation or at the beach ! I will try to be a better blogger now. Love to all in blogland. Noanie

No comments: