Sunday, August 29, 2010

August News

Here is Nicole and Nicholas's official engagement picture. Don't they look like a beautiful, happy young couple with great genetics and great teeth? We are also planning to publish it in the Bismarck Tribune in the next couple of weeks. I visited them in Sioux Falls last weekend and was impressed with how organized the wedding plans are, and as they finalized many of the details, I was getting more and more excited! 26 years ago, I was sure I had the smartest, prettiest baby girl that ever was, and time has simply proved me right!

Household projects continue to occupy much of my remaining time. I have now chosen the carpet for the basement and also bought and put together a desk for the sun room. The water restoration men will install the carpet this week, and we should be on our way back to some normalcy, though with much lighter pockets. Who needs retirement money anyway?  Here is a picture of my desk. ( I put in 8 Philip's screws with nuts and 6 bolts with an Allen wrench. The keyboard tray slides perfectly!)

And lastly, on a sadder note, Ziola Bedoya, a special friend of mine and the sister of Luis Bedoya, has died in Guatemala on August 16th. She was one of Patrick Atkinson's adopted kids and he was also Godfather to her only daughter, Jacqueline. Here is a picture of the day I met her in 1991(pink shirt) and a second one of our last visit in March 2010 (with Luis). She was 34 years young. I think Luis has spent as much time consoling me as the other way around.         May she have eternal  peace.                                    

Have a great week XOXO Noanie

No comments: