Friday, November 4, 2011

A Time in November

Dear Friends,


It has been almost a year since I've posted on this site. I wondered if people were getting  tired of my baby sweaters, and I had started to post regularly on Facebook. Life has it's seasons and I thought my current season back then was pretty much dullsville.


On the 11th of November, my son Warren J. will be starting an adventure in the UAE.  His assignment to the Arab Emirate will be for about 2 years. It is a dry, sandy country with very hot temperatures. The population is mostly Muslim. He will be working 60 or 70  hours per week, but he should have time to try out new food, a new culture, and weather that is dramatically different from home.  Medical care and other amenities are excellent. I will try to send updates about  him, pictures when possible, and maybe we will even let him "guest blog" once or twice.


In the meantime, back at the ranch, I have volunteered to work in Antiqua, Guatemala for the year 2012. I plan to put in some hours at the Dreamer Center Elementary School, and The Casa Jackson Center for malnourished infants and children. I have been in Guatemala as a volunteer for the God's Child Project many times over the last 19 years so this is familiar territory for me. I have seen the Project grow from a small group of kids in a farmhouse to an international organization helping provide for thousands of poor. So, I too will have things to share. I am not leaving until January 12th but there are quite a few loose ends to tie up.. Plans for my house, my dog (Lucy), my finances, my job, and most importantly my family.


I do expect to be in blogland more often this year. I will put a link on Facebook when I put up a new post, so you don 't have to remember to look here. Until then, have a great November and remember to give thanks.   Noanie

No comments: